Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Pantsless Valentine

I was awoken Valentine’s Day morning (or is it Valentine’s Morning?) by Mike returning from an early morning shift at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and was immediately given a dozen roses, a stuffed puppy reminiscent of the puppy I want in real life, a box of Russell Stover’s dark chocolates (that I’m currently eating) and an additional bag of Ghirardelli extra-dark chocolates and then he went to the kitchen to make me a breakfast of home-made fruit salad, vegetarian sausage and heart-shaped pancakes.

After a bit of an afternoon nap, we went to this restaurant I found and had some really tasty food, some complementary campaign and belly dancing, we continued the middle eastern theme and went to a hookah bar and shared a bottle of wine. Yes, I ended up throwing up my dinner in the hookah bar’s bathroom, but I didn’t let that ruin the night and we spend a good chuck of the night just cuddling on a couch. Afterwards we stopped by a Baskin Robbins and got some ice cream.

When we got back, we ended up talking to his brother Dave about the whole Kevin Smith too-fat-to-fly thing. During this, out comes Mike without his pants or shoes on and then he sits down in his mom’s chair to take off his socks and unbutton his shirt. I was still in my coat and hat – that’s how long we were in the house.

So yes, I am in love with a nudist, someone who has mastered the art of stripping off everything in the blink of an eye, someone who cooks me breakfast in his boxers. And although I was completely honest when I told him that Sunday for me was less about Valentine’s Day and more about just spending a nice night out with him but he pulled all of the stops and spoiled me rotten. After all of this time, I still love spending time with him and falling asleep all wrapped up in his arms at night. Like the card I got him (along with the chocolate bacon bar I got him) said: somehow we just work. He loves me and I love him, my pantsless valentine.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Aw, well I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's day! I got to call the cops on my crazy neighbor! Happy Valentine's day to me!