Monday, December 7, 2009

Adventures in the Kitchen: Cranberry Orange Muffins (for Ceci)


And now for something a bit more peppier than my last post…

People may not know that I love baking and have spent a considerable part of this period of unemployment baking and learning how to cook with the help of my teacher and handy sous chef, Mrs. J. It started with lasagna because I had never made it before and it looked really complicated (not so much apparently) and has spread out to manicotti, cheesy pork balls, pot roast, beef stew (although I’ve made that before in Jersey) with garlic cheddar biscuits , pork chops with spice apples and other things I’ve probably forgotten. Mrs. J has say that we’ve gone past the her teaching me things stage and are now at the both of us learning things. I wouldn’t go that far but I’m pretty sure the house is appreciating all of my cooking (if you buy the ingredients, I’ll cook it all up as far as I’m concerned).

As for baking, I have always loved baking and I’ve been going to town. It started with should be illegal devil’s food cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting (with mini chocolate chips on top) and since then I’ve tried different types of muffins and my favorite holiday dessert: sweet potato pie so good that my dad, the sweet potato pie expert, gave it four stars. Saturday morning/afternoon I decided to take the day off from trying to get my banana chocolate chip muffin recipe down right (I will rule you someday!) and go work on my cranberry orange muffins instead.

I know you wanted to try them Ceci, but how about a picture instead? I need to bring my digital camera over to the Mike's house if I’m going to start taking pics of my accomplishment since the camera on my phone sucks, but here is a pic from the website where I got the recipe since they look like that anyway.





You like? I like (and Mrs. J loved). :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They LOOK SO DELICIOUS!!! I wish I could taste!