Monday, December 14, 2009

The Democratic Party is Full of Pussies


Yeah I said it and I’ll say it again: the Democratic Party is full of pussies.

I want there to be a public option in the health care bill and it increasingly seems like their won’t. Why not? Because the majority of the Democratic Party is being hijacked by conservatives (meaning both a few of their own members – the “Blue Dogs” – and the members of Republican Party, who is still trying to steady itself over loosing control of Congress and the White House within a matter of 2 years). Pretty much ever poll I see or hear says that the majority of the American people want a public option – especially one that doesn’t add to the federal deficit – and I thought this was the type of government where the people got what the people wanted, not one where we are told what is good for us. Now it is true that the majority of Americans – nee all people – are stupid, but I would think that if we could unite and elect a President, we could unite and get some damn health insurance.

The options they are discussing aren’t right. People 50 and over buying/opting into Medicare (or whatever the current proposal is) isn’t going to help me. Neither is some cop-out about buying insurance because THAT ASSUMES I HAVE A JOB AND MONEY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE TO BEGIN WITH! Why am I so adamant about this? Because I have over $800 in emergency room bills from when I got sick over the summer with strep throat and walking pneumonia – and that involved unnecessary tests (like the $100 pregnancy test they did even though I told them repeatedly I was on the Pill then and just had my period), terrible service (the tech taking my blood stabbed me several times, switched arms, and then stabbed me some more before finding blood) and absolutely no follow though on the swine flu test they administered or anything else. In addition, they prescribed the $100+ antibiotics instead of the $30 version even though they knew I didn’t have insurance (luckily the pharmacist at Walgreens told us about it and had it changed). Oh, and I was told by DHS that they only way I could get covered by Medicare is if I was pregnant. This is why the healthcare industry in general needs to be revamped and why I need something that will cover me, someone who isn’t usually sick but would like something for just in case.

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but that is something I liked about the previous administration. When Bush Cheney wanted something, it got done. They made up weapons of mass destruction and led the country (and many allies) into two separate wars for crying out loud! They got whatever they wanted all due to closing ranks and telling their members how to vote for the most part and I really wish the Democratic Party would find their balls and do the same.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I definitely agree with you! Let's run for office and do things the way we want. I am so tired of President Obama acting like this is an election year - he doesn't need the Republicans since Dems are in the "majority" (although with Lieberman and others I am not so sure).

FYI, I know exactly what you are talking about needing to be pregnant to get on Medicare. This is tied to TANF (welfare) and adults can only qualify if they have children or are pregnant.